Follow this instructional video.
Grab the Gapps signed packages here
Tested April 2016
Alt solution, (untested)
1) genymotion 2.6.0
2) device emulator PREVIEW – Google Nexus 5X – 6.0.0 – API 23 – 1080×1920
3) flash Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1.zip then restart.
4) flash gapps-L-4-21-15.zip. (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96042739161891406)
5) sign in into your google account.
6) flash ( benzo-gapps-M-20151011-signed-chroma-r3.zip) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347835438 and restart.
Alt solution, tested
- Install a latest Genymotion (version 2.6.0 in my case). Make sure the previous old (preview) Android 6.0 images are removed (Genymotion -> Settings -> Misc -> Clear cache).
- Add a new virtual device, select Google Nexus 5X and Android 6.0 image. It should download a new image from Genymotion website.
- Start created Google Nexus 5X – 6.0.0 – API 23 – 1080×1920 virtual device.
Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1.zip (drag&drop the zip file to virtual device window) and then restart the virtual device.
gapps-L-4-21-15.zip and restart the virtual device again.
- Now add Google account in the virtual device via Settings -> Accounts -> Add account.
- Do not start Google Play! Ignore any crashes in sign in process.
benzo-gapps-M-20151011-signed-chroma-r3.zip and restart the virtual device.
- Open Google Play in virtual device, update all installed applications.
- Now the device is prepared with working Google Play and Google Play Services.
Alt downloads for Gapps
Notes: It seems you cannot use the open_gapps packages as they are not signed. Perhaps there’s a workaround but the method above works out of the box.