Note we use TigerVNC here as it is more secure and the new recommended vnc gold standard. TigerVNC makes use of encryption and is a much improved VNC server and client combo. Comparatively, TightVNC has not been updated in 8 years.
Download the TigerVNC Ubuntu Release files using the following links:
sudo dpkg -i tigervnc*.deb && sudo apt install -f
Create Config File
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/vncserver@.service
Insert these contents into /etc/systemd/system/vncserver@.service.
Replace the bolded user with your own username.
Description=Start TigerVNC Server at startup
ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/vncserver -kill :%i > /dev/null 2>&1
ExecStart=/usr/bin/vncserver :%i -depth 24 -geometry 1280x1024
ExecStop=/usr/bin/vncserver -kill :%i
Save the file.
Enable the service
sudo systemctl enable firstname.lastname@example.org
Start the service
sudo systemctl start vncserver@1
In order to resolve this issue the fastest way you should try these simple steps.
- Shutdown all your guest VMs.
- Shutown VMWare Fusion.
- Open VMWare Fusion and check for updates. Install latest updates if there any available.
- Ensure that you have installed VMWare tools in all the guest withc which you wish to use USB Device sharing.
- Shutdown VMWare Fusion.
- To to Applications and Move to Trash VMWare Fusion.app, Enter password to confirm.
- Open Trash, select VMWare Fusion.app, right-click and select Put Back. Enter password to confirm.
- Open System Preferences… and open Security & Privacy panel.
- Open VMWare Fusion. Look in Security & Privacy General Tab and Allow the application to make changes using the Allow button. Enter your Password when prompted.
- This may require your to reboot your MacOS in order to make the changes.
Asepsis was a tool developed especially to remove .DS_store but as of the introduction of SIP in OSX this has become more problematic.
Thankfully, Mike Greiling has written up a nice guide with step-by-step instructions on how to continue to use Asepsis without compromising security.
IMPORTANT: If you are using XtraFinder at Step #4 you will want to use the following command at Step #4 in order to ensure XtraFinder continues to work as expected.
csrutil enable --without debug