Windows, Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian etc…), MacOS may be affected by this issue if you are using running a guest operating system and trying to use Discord.
In order to resolve this issue follow these simple steps.
- First shutdown your Virtualbox guest instance.
- Next go to select you Virtualbox and click the Settings icons in toolbar.
- Go to Display panel and uncheck ‘Enable 3D Acceleration’
- Click OK to save the settings
Now restart your Virtualbox guest instance and try startup Discord again.
Note: As this entry is being created the latest version of Discord is 0.0.5 for Linux.
In order to resolve this issue the fastest way you should try these simple steps.
- Shutdown all your guest VMs.
- Shutown VMWare Fusion.
- Open VMWare Fusion and check for updates. Install latest updates if there any available.
- Ensure that you have installed VMWare tools in all the guest withc which you wish to use USB Device sharing.
- Shutdown VMWare Fusion.
- To to Applications and Move to Trash VMWare Fusion.app, Enter password to confirm.
- Open Trash, select VMWare Fusion.app, right-click and select Put Back. Enter password to confirm.
- Open System Preferences… and open Security & Privacy panel.
- Open VMWare Fusion. Look in Security & Privacy General Tab and Allow the application to make changes using the Allow button. Enter your Password when prompted.
- This may require your to reboot your MacOS in order to make the changes.